1. Which of the following is true of most fatty acids found in triglycerides?
a. They are unbranched.
b. They contain more than 20 carbon atoms.
c. They contain an odd number of carbon atoms.
d. none of the above
2. Which of the following type of reaction is involved in saponification?
3. Which of the following is a reactant in a saponification reaction?
a. a strong acid
c. a strong base
b. a weak acid
d. a weak base
4. How many rings are associated with the steroid structure?
5. Which of the following structural arrangements is the steroid structure?
6. Consider the following structure. Which of the following is a correct classification for this substance?
a. fatty acid
7. Which number in the diagram represents the glycerol backbone of this structure?
8. Which number in the diagram represents an ester linkage?
9. Which number in the diagram represents an unsaturated fatty acid?
10. Fatty acids contain:
a. amine groups
b. amide groups
c. carboxylic acid groups
d. anhydride groups