1. What is the minimum number of oxygen atoms present in an anhydride?
2. Which of the following are anhydrides?
a. (i) and (ii) only
c. (i) only
b. (i) and (iii) only
d. (i), (ii) and (iii)
3. What is the IUPAC name for the following compound of the following compound?
a. butyl butanoate
c. propanoic anhydride
b. propyl butanoate
d. butanoic anhydride
4. What is the IUPAC name for the following compound?
a. propyl ethanoate
c. ethyl propanoate
b. butyl ethanoate
d. ethyl butanoate
5. Which of the following compounds would react together at room temperature to form the
a. hexanamide and 2-propanol
b. hexanoic acid and 2-propanamine
c. 2-propanamine and hexanoic anhydride
d. pentanoic acid and 2-propanamine
6. What is/are the products formed in the following reaction?
7. Consider the following reaction. What type(s) of functional group(s) is(are) produced by this reaction?
b. carboxylic acid
d. both a and b
8. Consider the following structure. Which of the following is the correct classification of this substance?
d. None of these is the correct classification of the given substance.
9. Consider the following structure. In the reaction forming this substance, what was the other product of the reaction?
c. an alcohol
d. a salt
10. Consider the following structure. What type of functional group is represented by this structure?
a. phosphoric acid
b. phosphoric anhydride
c. phosphoric ester
d. pyrophosphate anion