1. What is the correct IUPAC name for compound shown?
2. What is the correct classification for the alcohol shown below?
3. Which of the following compounds is correctly classified as a tertiary alcohol?
4. Which of the following is a secondary alcohol?
5. The alcohol groups in the compound shown are ____.
A.are both primary
C.are both tertiary
B.are both secondary
D.one is primary and one is tertiary
6. Which of the following would be only very slightly soluble in water?
7. Oxidation of CH3CH2CH2CH2OH produces CH3CH2CH2CHO, which may be further oxidized to which of the following:
8. Which of the following alcohols would be the most difficult to oxidize?
9. Which alcohol is found in alcoholic beverages?
10. Ethers are ____ in water.
11. Ethers generally have boiling points ____ those of comparable alcohols.
B.about the same as
D.unable to predict
12. Oxidation of a thiol produces a _____ .
13. Which of the following compounds would you expect to be foul smelling?
14. Oxidation of a tertiary alcohol will produce a(n) ____.
15. Which of the following is produced from the following reaction?
16. In order to carry out the following reaction which of the following reagents would be needed?
A.(O) followed by (H)
C.H2O/ H2SO4 followed by (O)
B.(H) followed by H2SO4
D.(O) followed by H2SO4
17. The hydration of propene would result in the formation of which of the following species?
18. Oxidation of a secondary alcohol will produce a(n) ________.
19. Oxidation of a primary alcohol will produce a(n) ________.
20. Testosterone, the principle male sex hormone, is shown below. It would best be classified as which of the following?
Can’t find the questions that you need? Post Your Questions