1. What number would be used to indicate the double bond position in the IUPAC name for:
2. In the IUPAC name for the following compound, the -Br group is located at what position of the compound shown? CH3CHBrCH=CH2
3. What is the IUPAC name for the compound shown below?
4. What is the IUPAC name for the compound shown below?
5. Which of the following is the correct IUPAC name for the following compound?
6. Which of the following compounds is trans-3-hexene?
7. Which of the compounds below could correctly be called a cis compound?
8. Which of the following represents an addition reaction?
A. HX + C4H8 –> C4H9X
C. C4H8 –> C4H6 + H2
B. X2 + C3H6 –> C3H5X + HX
D. more than one response is correct
9. Select the major product that would result from the reaction below.
CH3-CH=CH2 + H2O
10. Select the major product that would result from the reaction below.
CH3CH2CH=CH2 + HBr –>
11. What reagent or reagents is required for the conversion of cyclohexene to cyclohexane?
C.H2 and H2SO4
B.H2O and H2SO4
D.H2 and Pt
12. Which is the formula for an alkene?
D.More than one response is correct.
13. Which is the formula for an alkyne?
14. Which is a difference between butane and butene?
A.butane burns and butene does not
C.they are isomers
B.the presence of a double bond
D.the presence of a triple bond
15. Which is a difference between butene and cyclobutene?
A. They are isomers.
B. Cyclobutene has 2 double bonds, butene does not.
C.The location of the double bond is terminal in cyclobutene, but between interior
carbons in butene.
D. Cyclobutene is missing more hydrogens than is butene.
16. Which of the following is the correct IUPAC name for the compound CH2?C?C?CH2?CH2?Br?
17. Which of the following structures is not correct?
18. The benzene ring as a branch is called a _____ group.
19. What is the correct name for:
20. Name the following compound.
D.none of these are correct
Can’t find the questions/answers that you need? Post Your Questions